On Loss And Heart Ache, a Pandemic Tale...

 

So many years ago I took this photo of my Old Country Roses tea set, which I use in times that I feel I need extra strength, I saw it in my Facebook memories a week ago and it seemed perfect even today. Back then I had a very successful doll blog and I went by Karen Mom of Three (It is a doll craft blog that I have since stopped writing). Even though we are now about three years into this pandemic and I have lost count of which wave we are currently on here in BC, Canada, the fear and the anxiety of post pandemic life is still something I am at least, struggling with. 


The concept of staying home to stay safe is one I fully got behind. Having medically sensitive family members made that decision easy. Before the pandemic, I had weekly tea parties, I worked in a tea shop and surrounded myself with the amazing magick that is all things tea.

That was 2019-2020, now in 2022 I long for my tea party days, surrounding myself with friends and like minded tea lovers, however I find that that pandemic fear and anxiety is still present. I can count on one hand the friends I have spent time with since lock down. I am not sure if I got comfortable or complacent with the go to work come home stay home, but I am still having a hard time rationalizing seeing other people, having people over and going out.

I have decided that for Lammas, I would invite a few friends over for tea, sort of feel the fear and do it anyway, mantra. Its not just the tea parties I miss but also the monthly woman's circle I used to attend. Since lock down the sanctuary, closed and the instructor moved away. I crave a safe and simple return to pre pandemic life, however fear still grips me and the unknown of what is yet to come.

Not convinced I am the only one who feels this way and it is my hope that time will heal all wounds. Thank you for joining me and for allowing me to share. Blessed Be.  
 

Comments

  1. Sometimes I feel like this too. I understand completely. One of my sisters (maybe two of them) where masks everywhere; they never stopped. One who lives in Florida doesn't wear one. I wear them to Dr appointments but that's it. I feel like I cannot breathe at all with one on. But we've made 3 trips on the ferry to Victoria this year, so that has helped get me out into crowds. Fortunately my husband is working at home. His company, Coast Capital, allows all staff to do so, from now on. (except for the ones which need to be in the bank) I still haven't had people over though, except 2 family members for my sister's 60th birthday, which was a lot of fun. I hope more normal times are coming! Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Take On The Lammas Tea, from The Tea Witches Grimoire

The Witch Basket Bath Products I bought at Phoenix Rising in Langley BC

Saturday's Fun Finds, Thrifting for Teacups